Blogging Idol 2: Send Your Application Now
After tweaking the rules a bit and discussing the competition with the readers, we are finally ready to launch Blogging Idol 2.
You can participate with your existing blog or website, and I am sure it will be a good opportunity to improve your blog and to get motivated to increase your RSS subscriber count. On top of that, there are also $4,500 in prizes.
You can send the application from today until the midnight of next Thursday (October 30) via the contact form. That is only 4 days, so read the rules and send yours right now!
The competition will start on November 1st.
Win Over $4500
First of all I would like to thank the sponsors that we have aboard.
- A lifetime subscription to Keyword Country (worth $2,000)
- An annual subscription to the Trackur corporate edition (worth $1,000)
- $300 courtesy of Sponsored Reviews
- $300 courtesy of BidVertiser
- $300 courtesy of TNX
- $100 from Daily Blog Tips
- $300 in text links from Text-Link-Ads
- A 3-month subscription to the SEO Book Training Program (worth $300)
This time we will also have prizes for the 3 competitors with more points. The first prize will be the lifetime subscription to Keyword Country and $1,000 in cash. The second prize will be the annual subscription to Trackur and $300 in text links. And the third prize will be the 3-month subscription to the SEO Book Trainning program.
1. Any blog or website with 2,000 RSS readers or fewer can participate. One blog per competitor only. (participant blogs must have the Feedburner feed count enabled)
2. The competition runs from November 1st until November 30th. During that period, 7 points will be awarded to the competitors, on the following way:
- 1 point to the competitor with the highest increase on the number of RSS subscribers
- 3 points to the competitors (one for each) with the highest number of votes on the open voting session
- 3 points awarded by a panel of judges
3. The criteria for the voting session and for the judge points will be: the most clever and effective strategy for gaining RSS subscribers and for promoting the blog. Paid and blackhat promotional methods are not allowed.
4. On November 30th, the blogger with more points (it will probably be 3 or 2 points) will be declared the winner and receive the prizes. The second and third places will also receive prizes.
In the case you are wondering who the 3 judges will be: I am one of them, Ricky from Keyword Country is the second, and Jarrod from Sponsored Reviews is the third one.
Overall the objective is similar to the Blogging Idol one: increasing the number of RSS subscribers using clever and efficient promotion strategies.
The difference is that this time we also have an open voting sessions and a panel of judges, which I think will make the competition more fair.
How so? Even if someone cheats to gain more RSS subscribers than everyone else, he could still lose the competition if he doesn’t get a vote from the readers or from the judges. (I will obviously monitor the competitors anyway to make sure they play under the rules).
Secondly, even small bloggers have a good chance now. The voting session and the points awarded by the judges will be related to the blogger using the most clever and efficient strategy for gaining RSS subscribers. The only requirement here is creativity, so small bloggers could easily beat the big guys if they are smart enough. In other words, it does not matter if you started the competition with 7 subscribers and ended with 30. If your strategies were clever, you could still get the votes from the readers and from the judges.
Finally, in the case of a draw in the end (i.e. 3 bloggers end up with 2 points each), the decisive parameter will be the increase in the number of RSS subscribers.
Send your application
You can send your application right now. Just email me via the contact form, and include your name and the URL of your blog.
The deadline for the applications is the midnight of Thursday, October 30th.
Recommended Articles for You
95 Responses to “Blogging Idol 2: Send Your Application Now”
Arun Basil Lal
I am looking forward for the next idol, all set
Great contest But i missed it seen today only . Allow me in between:)
Oh god! Its too late for me to join this contest now… it is really exciting one but wish i had known before 🙁 anyways can i participate atleast? i will put the feedburner count now itself
Jayson Cole (KrunkMode)
Ahhh Nooo! I’m too late for this! Oh well, check out my blog for some quick humor. Thanks!
Comments are closed.