Below you will find the most popular posts of February 2007, check them out if you missed any:
- Check the load time of your site: Everyone knows how annoying it can be having to deal with websites that take forever to load. There are recent researches, in fact, confirming that 75% of the Internet users do not return to sites that take longer than four seconds to load.
- Blog Project: 30 Traffic Generation Tips: First of all a big “thank you”Â for every one who participated. As I said before the number of entries surprised me (and the quality as well, I will definitely apply some of those tips myself).
- Blogging, Patience and Persistence: Most blogs (and websites for the matter of fact) require a lot of time and dedication to become successful ventures. This fact is trivial but many bloggers ignore it, getting discouraged after they realize that it might take more than 6 months to build the next TechCrunch.
- Do not open new browser windows: When creating a link a user can insert the target=”Â_blank”Â attribute to make that link open in a new browser window. I must confess that I used to do that mistake when I started blogging. The logic was quite simple: “I will add the target attribute so that when users click on external links they will not leave my website but rather have a new window opened”.
- Create a Robots.txt file: The robots.txt file is used to instruct search engine robots about what pages on your website should be crawled and consequently indexed. Most websites have files and folders that are not relevant for search engines (like images or admin files) therefore creating a robots.txt file can actually improve your website indexation.
- Blogging Content Matrix: Many people, specially those considering to start a blog, wonder if blogs oriented around personal stories can be successful. The answer is yes and no, depending on your goals and on your definition of success. If your objective is simply to share your experiences and to have a virtual place where friends and family can keep updated with you, a personal blog can certainly be successful.
- Blogging Strategy – Swot Analysis: Having a clear understanding of both internal and external factors is essential for a successful strategy, be it military strategy, business strategy or blogging strategy. The SWOT analysis is a simple yet effective tool for understanding those factors. It will highlight the Strengths and Weaknesses (internal) and the Opportunities and Threats (external) for a certain company or project.
- 8 Tips to Optimize Adsense Units: Adsense is one of the most common revenue generators for blogs and websites. Usually you can drastically improve your click-through rate and overall earnings by positioning the ads wisely, by improving the content targeting (read here) or by optimizing the ad units directly. Below I will cover the last point, how to optimize the Adsense units with 8 simple tips.
- Have Emergency Posts: The problem is that most people have other activities that might disturb the normal posting schedule. Your family might need your attention certain times or you day job might require some extra hours of work on specific periods of the year. The best solution for those emergencies is to have some posts already written, just waiting to be published.
- 10 Requisites for Professional Bloggers: Nowadays very specialized blogs like TechCrunch or PerezHilton compete directly with mainstream media, and the people behind those ventures arrive to earn tens of thousands of dollars monthly. Despite those success stories, however, making money through a blog is not a simple task and it will probably take just as much hard work as any other project, be it online or offline.
- Optimal URL Structure: Having an optimal URL structure for your website straight from the beginning is very important, both because it will attract more readers and because it will be really difficult to change it afterwards.
Get My Best Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship Tips
- Don't worry, I only send out emails once or twice a month.
- But when I do, it's because I have something valuable to share!
- You don't want to miss those, and it's completely free!
Comments are closed.