The Web 3.0 Documentary
If you heard about “Web 3.0” or “Semantic Web” please raise your hand. If you are not really sure what the terms mean please raise your hand. I am guessing we all raised our hands twice huh?
Anyway today I came across a cool documentary by Kate Ray, called “Web 3.0”. The video was licensed under the creative commons license, so I am embedding it below (RSS and email subscribers might need to visit the site to see the video player).
Some takeaway messages:
- The main problem on the web right now is that we have a huge amount of information, but few tools and processes to find, analyze and interpret that information effectively.
- The semantic web might help to solve that.
- The semantic web is about analyzing the links between things (including web pages, files, documents, real things, people and so on) and extracting information from these links.
- In a sense the semantic web will organize all the information in a more structured fashion, like in a database.
- Not everyone buys into the semantic web theory, however.
Get My Best Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship Tips
- Don't worry, I only send out emails once or twice a month.
- But when I do, it's because I have something valuable to share!
- You don't want to miss those, and it's completely free!
5 Responses to “The Web 3.0 Documentary”
Portable Digital Recorders
Interesting Doc! Definitely gives me some things to think about, thanks!
What we need is innovation.
I liked everything about it. It must be definitely ‘the web 3.0’. Ultimate need of today’s surfers is a way to find the necessary information from all these mess and crap. And this idea would make the web cleaner, faster, easier and increases it’s productivity.
Anyway, I didn’t like the last takeaway message that not everyone buys into this web theory 🙂
– Roshan Ahmed
I think web 3.o will be future.In future web 3.0 will be very hard need .thanks for this vedio…
I saw this via StumbleUpon today, and I agree, it’s a great video. I’m just like you describe – hear of it, haven’t paid enough attention yet to really understand it. Which makes me the perfect audience member for the video, I think 🙂
Thanks for pointing us to this amazing video. Really exciting stuff happening–hopefully the solution to all my info organization needs! 😉 I just hope the character of the web remains open, although it doesn’t look that way…
Comments are closed.