Things To Do After Installing WordPress
Browsing on Digital Inspiration I came across an interesting post mentioning some basic things that you can/should do after installing WordPress. The tips include:
- How to change the default image upload folder
- How to remove the WordPress version generator on the header
- How to prevent people from browsing your WP folders
- How to disable Windows Live Writer Templates
- How to turn off post revisions
- How to disable HTML in comments
- How to change the location of WP plugins and themes
- How to change the building mode of XML sitemaps
- How to turn off image tumbnails
Pretty cool huh? Just check out the article to discover how to do all those things.
Get My Best Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship Tips
- Don't worry, I only send out emails once or twice a month.
- But when I do, it's because I have something valuable to share!
- You don't want to miss those, and it's completely free!
20 Responses to “Things To Do After Installing WordPress”
Thanks for the post it has some very good tips in it.
Medical Transcription Blog
Thanx for the lead. I was looking around that feature to turn off post revisions.
Thanks a lot. I’ve been using WordPress for just one week; this is exactly what I’ve been looking for.
i never knew much of these
Always good to know this stuff… No mention of choosing a permalink style though. I thought it would be one of the first things to change when setting up wordpress…Maybe it’s not an issue anymore.
yesterday i already read it .this is basic tip for wordpress
I am installing WP on a new site mine. These tips will help 🙂
Would certainly take a look at it…
Thanks for the link!
Thank you for these tips..
This is definitely a great list of WP tips for me, as I am already going crazy with my two-week old blog. My other blogs are courtesy of blogspot and I feel at ease with them.
But have to have dirt my hand if I want to dig some gold, right?
Thanks for sharing this. I owe you one.
Thanks for reffering that page from your website. The page contains great information regarding how and what to do after installing wordpress.
Great post, as soon as I get back from holiday in Canada, I’ll try some of these useful tips.
Thanks a lot!
wow, definetely a good guide. I’ll redevelop my site using some these tips. Thank you
Sell Porn Make Money
all of these are great tips.
what do you think of using blogger as a platform? should I move to self-hosted wordpress ASAP?
it’s not a huge deal with losing subscribers… I use my own domain, subscriptions are through feedburner, etc. So I’m not gonna be totally dead if I switch (except for SEO, but I only have about 40 posts so far)
I guess if I DO need to switch I should do it sooner rather than later.
Maybe I could use analytics to set up 301 redirects for my old pages?
Comments are closed.