Video Blog Review 4: ThinkYourWaytoWealth.com
Another blog review is live. This time we reviewed ThinkYourWaytoWealth.com, and this is another review focused on general layout aspects (if you would like other aspects covered more often let me know).
This is basically what I talked about:
- The design is pretty clean, which is good.
- The header is simple and brings a tagline illustrating the topic of the blog. This is good to ensure that first time visitors will know what to expect from the content.
- Good positioning for the Adsense unit on the top left corner. Good design of the unit as well, which shares the same style as the rest of the blog.
- The subscription section is prominent on top of the right sidebar.
- Not as good as the other points was the fact that the navigation links were being displayed twice, wasting a lot of space on the left sidebar.
- I would also switch to only excerpts on the homepage considering that the posts are quite lengthy.
If you can’t see the video player, here is the YouTube link: Daily Blog Tips – Blog Review 4
Get My Best Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship Tips
- Don't worry, I only send out emails once or twice a month.
- But when I do, it's because I have something valuable to share!
- You don't want to miss those, and it's completely free!
7 Responses to “Video Blog Review 4: ThinkYourWaytoWealth.com”
As usual…the Review is excellent.This time with clarity in the video.
And I wonder, what we must do to get such nice advices from you(my blogs review)!
Daniel, if you ever get time, then please look at my blog( http://technotip.org ) once and a review would be great.I would like to hear your opinion about my site, placement of ads, contents, what mistakes I am doing etc.
I would be a happy man, if I could ever see my blog review on DBT.
Hey Satish, just drop a comment here http://www.dailyblogtips.com/want-your-blog-reviewed-drop-a-comment/
There are some 166 already, but I am not going linearly.
Thanks a lot for reviewing my blog, I really appreciate the critique.
Regarding some of the points you made:
Link unit near header- thanks for your comment, I agree. I also felt like it was a little to close to the navigation links, and i don’t really want it to seem like I am looking for accidental clicks from someone trying to navigate.
I think your other comments are right on as well, regarding repetition of navigation in sidebar, RSS buttons, etc.
I plan on making just about all of the changes you recommended in the near future.
The only one I am a little unsure of, is the partial posts. I hear different things- some say people don’t like to make the additional click, but i am inclined to agree that all of that scrolling down the page can get a little tedious.
Once again thanks, I really appreciate it.
Displaying the menu twice (if with no nofollow) will also pass PR value which is not good.
Great review, Daniel. Would like to see you comments about SEO too, if that’s possible.
If this is the good place to said that i would like to show you my blog for review: http://silentbits.com/
I change some stuff and i would like to hear your review, it would be so great.
thank you very much
Comments are closed.