Video Blog Review 5: The 4 SEO Factors on Single Post Pages
Monday’s video post is up. On this one I did a quick SEO review of the factors that you need to have in place on single post pages.
Here is a quick summary of what I covered:
- On most blogs, the single post pages are the most important ones as far as search engine traffic is concerned
- That is because the bulk of the organic traffic will go there, since you can target very specific keywords and optimize the page elements more efficiently there
- The first thing to keep in mind is that the full content should appear only on the single post page itself
- The second factor is the title tag, which should be dynamic and concise.
- The third factor is the permalink structure, which should be based on words, and should not use weird characters or unnecessary information
- Finally, you should also make sure that the title of your posts are using an H1 tag
If you can’t see the video player, here is the link to the YouTube page.
Get My Best Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship Tips
- Don't worry, I only send out emails once or twice a month.
- But when I do, it's because I have something valuable to share!
- You don't want to miss those, and it's completely free!
20 Responses to “Video Blog Review 5: The 4 SEO Factors on Single Post Pages”
Excellent video Daniel….
I had written about this in my blog, but a video like this would make it more clear.
This is brilliant Daniel
I need someone to SEO my blog I can see from this video Thanks for your tips they are awesome
Good video, I am mostly fine (need to change titles from h2 to h1) but have question about categories – if I have plenty of short posts that doesn’t justify using more tag what should I do with categories/tags/months pages?
Should I just block them from indexing with robots.txt? I have separate sitemap on site and xml sitemap for crawlers so it’s not going to hurt indexing quality (I think 🙂 ).
@Rarst, blocking them from indexing is a good way to solve the problem on that case.
Thank you, I’ll need to read on robots.txt bit more first and try it later.
I thought that I am almost done with initial design/plugins/tweaking but small things keep come up. 🙂
Marketing Masters Guide
That was very helpful. Thanks and keep them videos coming.
I took your tip of using the ‘more’ tag on all my posts, been doing good ever since.
I have a bookmark section called Blog tips ; you are always first on my list
Excellent post and video. I am doing all four as well but it took me a while to get that into my head and I changed a lot of things before I got to that point.
I appreciate the effort you put into your business. Keep it up.
Medical Transcription Blog
Thanx Daniel for that tips on title tag and h1 tag. I was adding my blog name to the title and was using h2 for single posts.
Thanx again for that eye opener.
Also very important:
– Links to related posts
– Incoming links from related posts
Not so important as per my tests:
– H1 tags (or other heading tags)
– Words in URL ( xyz.com/%postid% is equally good)
But still every minute factor counts. Small things add up gradually.
hey Daniel, thanks for the video review! your comments are very much appreciated. I started out using http://www.websitegrader.com/ to make some changes to my blog and get it optimized. After that I’ve made changes using the All in One SEO Pack and comments I’ve read on other blog discussing SEO, namely Grizzly’s view of it.
I’m working on a new theme that will have the Article Headline under H1. The one I’m using now is K2 and I chose not to mess with their structure.
Thanks again. I really appreciate you taking the time to look it over. I’ll start implementing some changes to see how it can improve serp position for my keywords.
Sell Porn Make Money
Great points. I like the one about using a summary instead of the full content on everything except the post.
Great post – pls keep the videos coming – and best of all – you’re practicing what you preach!
This was an absolutely great video considering I am still learning about SEO for my own blog.
Could you tell me how I change my blog post titles from H3 to H1? I have no clue.
Thanks so much!
Nice… Thanks for the video tip…
Just SEO It
Cool man the video is very informative keep up the good work!
Nice Post Thanks..
Comments are closed.