Blogging Mistakes: Final List
This is the final list of entries for the blog project “Blogging Mistakes”. We had 48 blogs participating on the project, hopefully we will learn from those mistakes and avoid them on the future. I was thinking that people would mention the same blogging mistakes over and over again, but that was not the case so make sure to check all the entries!
Every participant should now publish a post containing a link to all the entries (feel free to add comments, change the order and the like). The link love from the project should give a good ranking boost on Technorati and on search engines, specially for the new blogs. Below you will find the 48 blogging mistakes, have fun!
- My Blogging Mistakes and Their Outcome by Thilak
- A Star for a day. What I learned by Clever Dude
- My Biggest Blogging Mistake: Posting Frequency by Chris
- Your Blog Will Perish for Lack of Vision by Shawn
- My Biggest Blogging Mistake is not Updating Often Enough by Julian
- DYH isn’t perfect? by Cory O’Brien
- Don’t Change the Name by Denise
- Why this Blog Looks this Way by Ben
- My Blogging Mistake: Too Many Blogs by Green Llama
- What is Wrong with my Blog. An Honest Self-Assessment by Bret
- I Almost Ruined Everything by Annie
- Common Blogging Mistakes by Vijay
- How to Not Run a Contest by Robert
- 5 Things I Regret About March by Bill
- Trying to Promote my Blog without enough Traffic by Nathan
- Always Install WordPress on the Root Diretory by Daniel
- I should have included media contents by Madhur
- The Biggest Blogging Mistake I did was not Blogging by Francesco
- Learning from Mistakes: Opening Links in New Windows by Nirmal
- Mr. Frisky Retreats with his Tail Between his Legs by Rory
- Use a Smart Permalink Structure on your Blog by Leftblank
- Internet Explorer vs. Firefox Issues by Mark Paddock
- Not Having Drafts Saved for Rainy Days by Inspirationbit
- Don’t Underestimate the Commitment by Andrew
- Get your Own Domain and WordPress for your Blog by Andrew Flusche
- A Clear Point of View is Crucial to Increase your Blog Traffic by George
- Delete Your First Blog Post by Mark Alves
- Don’t Forget to Use Blog Carnivals by Andrea
- Why Blogs and Blogging Will Ruin your Self Discipline by Dave
- Careful on How You Tag your Posts by Shankar
- Should’ve Gone WP Yesterday! by Jimbo
- Don’t Make the Mistake of Monetizing your Blog Too Early by Maki
- Don’t Ignore the Basics of SEO by Simonne
- Spending Too Much Time Link-Begging by David Paul
- Lack of Predictability on Your Posts by Roberto
- What to Do When You don’t Have Anything to Say by Philip Liu
- Copying, Mimicking, Duplication by Paper Bull
- Starting Too Many Blogs by Mohammed
- Leaving the Amateur League of Blogging: the Hosting Lesson by Rene
- Be Careful how you Choose your Domain Name by Calvin
- The Ad King by Jason
- Move to your Own Domain Now by Gaurav
- Lack of Persistence by Blake
- Not Commenting Enough on other People’s Blogs by Somu
- Failing to Realize the Importance of Relationships with Readers by Ronald
- Don’t Handle Important Matters Lightly by Amanda
- Do not Underestimate the Important of RSS Feeds by Kevin
- Why you Should Own your Domain Name by Engtech
Browse all articles on the Blog Projects category or check the recommended articles for you below:
79 Responses to “Blogging Mistakes: Final List”
nice tips. It’s definetely a good idea to let bloggers speak about dos and dont’s starting from their own experiences.
However, if I may suggest, check the links and remove the dead ones.
They are at list half of them.
I know the post it’s a couple of years old but since it stills appear on related posts and probably still got lots of visitors it’s a bit harmful to let the first 5 links of the list dead, for instance. it could lead visitors away.
one, the fifth I think, is also blocked by Avast as a trojan attack.
good tips anyway!
This is a great list to start upon before you set out to create a blog. The pitfalls of Indy Press are huge and crushing, but the havoc is worth the stress.
So don’t do a mistake
Excellent Article and nice to hear the common mistakes every blogger does in their Blogging Journery.
Thanks for the series. My personal one wasn’t included, that I could tell: Choose your blog name carefully!
Wow! That’s quite the read-through of things to avoid. Of course, after a month of researching blogs, my newbie blog is barely a week old and I think I’ve made half the mistakes. I guess the important thing is to fix the ones you can and compensate for the ones you can’t (domain name).
John T. Pratt
This is a great list…you may not have come across my posts about blogging mistakes because my blog is fairly new, but I’ve shared some stories about my dismal blogging failures as well. The only good things about failures like these is that you (and others) learn from them…
Hello! Good Site! Thanks you! mytsthcmtmlvo
shahbaz anwar ansari
we want to see final list
Comments are closed.