Introducing NewsDen: A Premium WordPress Theme
Our WordPress Themes section is growing, so I thought that adding a paid Premium theme would be a logical extension. We will keep releasing free ones monthly as well, so don’t worry.
NewsDen is a theme that I was actually developing for my next blog (the tech celebrities one), so it has the style and all the features that I like in a blog design. The result was a very clean and elegant theme which could be suitable for a wide range of blogs, that is why I decided to release it as a Premium theme.
Here is a list of the features:
- Magazine Styled: The front page of the theme features 3 columns, with the excerpts of the latest posts and a wide range of customizable sections.
- Featured Article: The front page also has a “Featured Article” section where the author can manually specify one article that will be displayed there for how long he desires.
- Leaderboard Integrated: The theme was designed to fit a leaderboard (728×90) unit on its header, resulting is a very appealing spot for advertisers or AdSense.
- More advertising spots: The theme also features space for a 300×250 ad unit on the sidebar, as well as a 120×600 unit on the middle column of the homepage.
- 125×125 buttons: The theme also come with integrated 125×125 ad buttons for bloggers that use this monetization method.
- Related Posts: The section for the related posts is already styled, and you just need to paste the code of your favorite plugin.
- “Like The Article?” Section: At the bottom of each single post page there is a section encouraging the readers to subscribe to the RSS and to save the story on social bookmarking sites.
- 2 Templates for Pages: You can have your pages in two different styles: one using the space of the 2 middle columns (like single posts) and one using just the left column.
- Search Engine Optimization: All the meta tags are already optimized for search engines. Additionally, the H1 and H2 tags switch automatically depending on the page (on the Homepage the H1 is the title of the blog, while on single post pages the post title becomes the H1, for example).
The theme costs $47, and it comes with a single user license, so you can use it only on one website. You are free to modify the theme in any way you want, but you cannot give or sell it to someone else. Finally, I will also be providing full support for 30 days after your purchase.
Update: The theme is not available anymore.
Browse all articles on the WordPress category or check the recommended articles for you below:
34 Responses to “Introducing NewsDen: A Premium WordPress Theme”
CanI Clean It
Thanks, this is one of the better posts I’ve read today. I share your vision about that. Thanks man!
@Steve, sorry but where did you read that the theme was widget-enabled?
That being said I am willing to help you out, please send an email to me, including the order id or email that you used to make the purchase.
You say this is widget-enabled, but I have enabled the calendar widget in my WP dashboard and don’t see it on the site. Also tried other widgets to no avail.
Please help… thanks.
@Mike, you need to go on “manage”, then “categories” and then hover over the categories to see their ID.
Email me if you have problems and I will guide you through the process.
The sidebar code says:
But nowhere do I see the number 11…. and I also don;t see where there is a category ID
Really like this theme and have it shaped up pretty good….
1) What’s supposed to go in the “Featured Article” button? Does it pick from a page, rotate?
I just typed in some text and a link but I think I’m missing some key functionality. How do I get something in there
The code is:
Am I supposed to change that?
@Giovanni, I believe you can, and the license is for 1 website or blog.
1. Basically you have 2 styles to choose from when it comes for blog pages. One is the same as single posts on the demo, the other only uses the left column of the design (like on the homepage).
2. Those comments are common for all blogs on my demo site, not only for Newsden. Newsden does not have that feature, but it is easily doable.
5. Can’t do that, because each reader will have a different opinion and requirement. As I stated above, I designed this theme for my own use, so if other people wanna buy it that is a plus, but not the objective.
Really cool theme,
may i use it on my wp-mu installation??
is the license for a single blog?
The theme is very good and I would love to buy it shortly.
But want to get some points cleared….
1) I dint understand exactly what you mean by:-
” 2 Templates for Pages: You can have your pages in two different styles: one using the space of the 2 middle columns (like single posts) and one using just the left column. ”
Please show both the things in Demo, so that people will know exactly what they are buying.
2) In comment section you have told that, comments from admin will be shown in different colour(or style).But I couldnt notice it.(I might be wrong).But still please confirm me whats the change in comments there.
3) Is this theme Widgets enabled?
Because I want to add some more things in the side bar, like recent articles, polls etc.
4) My personal opinion:-
The single post page has lot of space and some small posts may look bad there.
5) My personal opinion:-
The next time when you build a “Premium WordPress Theme” please ask your readers opinion and what facilities they want in it.
I know that there will be difference of opinion, but still I think you can makeout the best out of it.Again, its my personal opinion, and I know that what you deside will be the best for you.
6) ” 30 days of full support. ”
This is what I like the most about Daniel and his works.
Mind blowing theme!
Absolutely great looking theme, I think there is too much space for ads but, then again people like to make money so how can I blame you.
@Stephen, thanks for spotting that, it was just a wrong URL on the IE css, so it was not loading.
Hi Daniel, nice looing theme – but have you tested it in ie6? It appears to be broken. The right sibebar is appearing underneath the main body of the blog.
@James, yes to both of your questions.
You obviously would need to design the full banner yourself though.
Great Theme Daniel. I might consider buying it on a later stage. And i am looking forward to the affiliate programs regarding this.
Does the theme allow for images in the excerpts on the front page?
Would I be able to forgo the banner add in the header for a full-width blog title banner?
I love this theme. Great work!
@The Blogger Tips, I might open the affiliate within 2 weeks.
The Blogger Tips
Do you provide affiliate program for this theme? It’s good if can share revenue with bloggers. 🙂
Daniel, this is one great theme! Clean, enough white space to make it easy to scan. Good use of typography. And the price is very appealing.
Congratulations for such a nice release!
Great! Did not know about 301 redirects. I would say half my traffic is from google.
@Sumesh, you mean it is an Incredible work :)?
Nah I am not a designer, but I do have a team of them working with me. So I just coordinate the theme development, like specifying the layout, the colors, the features and so on.
This one was not developed with Brian, though I will take this as a compliment cause I love his work!
@Preet, the easiest way would be to forget the different URLs and just add 301 redirects to all the old pages.
How much traffic are you getting daily from Google?
@Fitheim, the theme is as clean as you can go, I guess that is why it might recall Brian’s work.
Nice addition. Plenty of advertising spaces too 🙂
Agreed with Sumesh.
I find the design a bit similar to Brian Gardner’s pattern. Anyway, good theme you have there.
Did you develop this theme, or was it developed by Brian Gardner (or other designers)? If you did, it is a credible work, I must say 😀
@Sumesh, yeah probably an affiliate program is coming soon.
Thanks for the feedback.
Good theme – I think it would make a very good buy at sub-$70, when most other premium themes go for more.
Too bad I can hack up half-decent themes with spot-on SEO 😉 I wonder whether you’d be starting any affiliate programs or free giveaways to promote it.
@Tony, for each his own 🙂 .
Comments are closed.