The Best Website Taglines Around the Internet
A tagline can make or break a website (well, maybe not, but it is cool to be dramatic). Below you will find a collection of the best taglines around the Internet. Some of them are funny, some are clever; but all of them deliver the message! Hopefully it will serve as inspiration.
- The Straight Dope: Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought).
- Maxim Philippines: The best thing that ever happened to men … after women!
- The Consumerist: Shoppers bite back.
- Random Acts of Reality: Trying to kill as few people as possible…
- Joshuaink: Same old shit, different day.
- The Superficial: Because you’re ugly.
- Smashing Magazine: We smash you with information that will make your life easier. Really.
- The Best Page in the Universe: This page is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find on this page, you are wrong.
- Scaryduck: Not scary. Not a duck.
- The Art of Rhysisms: Chronologically inept since 2060.
- Needcoffee.com: We are the Internet equivalent of a triple espresso with whipped cream. Mmmm…whipped cream.
- Ample Sanity: Life is short. Make fun of it.
- Rathergood.com: The Lair of the Crab of Ineffable Wisdom – a load of stuff by Joel Veitch that will probably crush your will to live.
- The Breakfast Blog: In search of the best eggs in town.
- Dooce: Not even remotely funny.
- Pink is the new blog: Everybody’s business is my business.
- Shoemoney: Skills to pay the bills.
- Oh No They Didnt’t!: The celebrities are disposable, the content is priceless.
- YouTube: Broadcast Yourself.
- Waiter Rant: Do you want Pommes Frite with that?
- Newshounds: We watch FOX so you don’t have to.
- Sabrina Faire: All the fun of a saucy wench, none of the overpriced beer.
- Defective Yeti: A maze of twisty passages, all alike.
- All About George: All about George Kelly… you know, if you go in for that sort of thing.
- Go Fug Yourself: Fugly is the new pretty.
- kottke.org: Home of fine hypertext products.
- Slashdot: News for nerds. Stuff that matters.
- Gawker: Daily Manhattan media news and gossip. Reporting live from the center of the universe.
- Get Rich Slowly: Personal finance that makes cents.
- hi5: Who’s in?
- Fotolog: Share your world with the world.
- Jezebel: Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women, Without Aribrushing.
- Autoblog: We obssessibely cover the auto industry.
- Boing Boing: A directory of wonderful things.
- Perez Hilton: Celebrity Juice. Not from concentrate.
- DumbLittleMan: So what do we do here? Well, it’s simple. 15 to 20 times per week we provide tips that will save you money, increase your productivity, or simply keep you sane.
- Lifehacker: Don’t live to geek, geek to live!
- Gizmodo: The gadget guide. So much in love with shiny new toys, it’s unnatural.
- John Cow Dot Com: Make Moooney Online with John Cow Dot Com
- WebWorkerDaily: Rebooting the workforce.
- The Simple Dollar: Financial talk for the rest of us.
- TrafficBunnies: Making your hits multiply like rabbits.
- Mighty Girl: Famous among dozens.
- The Sneeze: Half zine. Half blog. Half not good with fractions.
- Buzz Marketing: Because everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Your favorite tagline is not here? Just post a comment and I will update the list.
Related ArticlesPlease install the YARPP plugin
158 Responses to “The Best Website Taglines Around the Internet”
how do you rate the best tag lines? i read this tag line on about.com >> ” Got milk? (1993) California Milk Processor Board ” considered as the top 1 tagline. i don’t know how they rate this.
I love the consumerist tagline. Funny as well as relevant.
Hey, great post. Thanx
can u suggest me some of d best tagline for my office that required the tagline for sports and recreational club.
Hope u will give me an idea.. thank youâ€¦
Hey, great post â€“ I am a web designer and developer, on a day-to-day basis I work in a variety of projects for a broad range of different clients all wanting different styles. Recently I designed a minimalist website for one of my clients which looked greatâ€¦
This post made me come up with one.
“Poking the bear with a short stick”
Cool and funny list. I must come up with a unique and cool tagline before sharing the one I’m using here. 🙁
“This page is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find on this page, you are wrong. ”
OMG I love it…I am going to try something similar to this on the Mrs next time she thinks everything she says is right.
hahaha, heres my tag line to “Today is the tomorrow of our yesterdays”.
This is a super cool, hole in the wall bar in Antigua, Guatemala. Its tag line is ‘Every dive bar needs a town’. It suits this place with its candles, live music and speak easy bar and second hand book store down to the ground.
KDHSFM 98.9 The Desert Heat
And my favorite tag-line of all time that gets the most hits LOL is DIET
of course one would think that exercise would be popular uh? not a chance if you want the hits “DIET” will knock down your server lol.
Thank you for providing the world with so much in the way of awesome tips… I’m a newbie blogger and have worked really hard in the past year at pushing through a seriously-steep learning curve. As a Missionary for Nutrition [which has not paid any bills, so far, as I Am purposefully NOT aligned with any products, for now – due to my long-range goals…] I really knew almost nothing about blogs when I started mine… So I anticipate returning to your blog – Thanks for the great tips!
And… I would Love to see my tag-line LISTED HERE, when I return, due to it’s own merit and, of course, if You deem it as “one of the best…” IT IS GREAT, in my not-always-completely-humble opinion… And I came up with it mySelf – or to be more accurate: I was adequately Open to the Divine Inspiration that Sent It to me…
So what’s your criteria for the “best” ones? Does my blog have to have already Succeeded with a following-along audience to qualify according to Your criteria???
Here’s my fabulous tagline, which [would you] perhaps like to list[?]:
“Let us Be… Peace On Earth… and ‘lettuce’ begin with Salad!”
Love, Dancing Bear, Missionary for Nutrition!
P.S.S. I’m so confident that you’re going to respond to this… perhaps you get so many “such questions” that you don’t feel willing to respond… or perhaps You don’t Realize how much it would Benefit All of Humankind to have this important message raised in the public Consciousness – if You can help in any way – especially within a generation of young people who are – on a massive scale – heading down a path that can only lead to the equivalent of “nutritional-suicide” on a cellular level… Uh-oh. In case you suddenly are reminded of headlines in the news about alarming increases of obesity and heart-disease and “Adult-Onset” diabetes – IN CHILDREN – Never Fear! I Am on my way to Providing a SOLUTION! It’s a well-formed and sophisticated Plan that has been discussed over many-year’s Time among some very passionate and Compassionate individuals [of which I Am One… Anyhooo… Blessings & Thanks for having this blog. I’ll be back…
P.S.S. Please Love YourSelf: Eat A Salad!
some good stuff here, nice post
Comments are closed.