What Topics Do You Want to See Covered on DBT?
The first six months of this year have been exhausting. Don’t get me wrong, I had a blast working on my new project (OnlineProfits.com), but I guess I had never worked so much before. Combined with the work on the blogs and smaller websites, I was pulling over 60 hours a week.
Anyway I expect that the second semester will be slightly more manageable. This means that I will have more time to write better and longer posts here.
To make sure that I will be aligned with the interests of our readers, therefore, I wanted to to ask you what topics you want to see covered on the coming months. Any feedback is welcome. For example, you could say that you want more posts about SEO, that you want to learn about monetization strategies, or even suggest a very specific topic for a post, like “How to Add Sitemaps to a WordPress Blog.”
Looking forward to reading your requests.
Recommended Articles for You
49 Responses to “What Topics Do You Want to See Covered on DBT?”
Can we have a topic about blog topics (if you see what I mean). So, the sorts of blogs out there and what purpose they serve. How things have changed in the blogging world, etc…
CAn you write about politics?
Just kidding. I wish you could write more about
So far, my blog is the only one that mainly focuses on writing tips and whatnot…
I think a good idea is to write about “extended blogging” in Blogger, WordPress etc… ways to do things that you usually can’t do in a B or W blog. 🙂
Or how to find some alternatives to the old ways of blogging.
upgradeing SEO and responsiveness to your sites. also maybe a complete how to on redoing your stuido press themes for beginners 🙂
I would like to see some long posts in spite of these small tips and content mainly focused on SEO, and if possible for specific platforms such as blogger.
Ok Daniel. The above are general articles that I saw many times. I want you to write an article on how to stop blogging and see how you tackle this issue.
It should be reasons to stop blogging and how to do it. By this then I want readers to NOT do what you proposed so that they know how to KEEP blogging.
Hope you take it in consideration
I am really looking forward to blogging Idol. Is it going to take place anytime soon – since you are a bit free now?
How to add Adsense to a WordPress blog
I have been following you for seveal months now and have been impressed with the vast majoity of what you discuss here.
What I would like is the do’s and dont’s of setting up an email response program such as that provided by AWeber. I subscribe to AWeber email info system and get a lot of great info but need an outsiders objective opinion.
I’d like to see more about WordPress plugins and themes. In a technical sense, what are the common causes of a slow site, optimizing, perils of upgrading – or not upgrading.
Thank you for this newsletter. I look forward to it every day.
How DO you add a sitemap to your wordpress blog? Do I really need one?
I’d also love to hear more about how to customize free wordpress themes, what are the top essential plugins to use, and any efficiency tricks to blogging.
I feel like I only get to spend 20% of my time writing posts and the rest is spent administrating the site. Any advice on how I can get to the point where that ratio is reversed would be great.
* More money making techniques
* Your own tricky ways of achiving success 🙂
I don’t think we need to request any better topics because DBT is
excellent as it is now.
I would like to see more posts about SEO in general. The do’s and don’t and what has changed over the last few months.
Also wanted to see what trends to look at about blogging in general.
Also about why you think WordPress is still pinging itself? and what we can do to not use Ping Optimizer plugin by changing a few details. I feel that WordPress should have looked into this.
Arun Basil Lal
I did like to see something on WordPress Security and how the high traffic blogs like this one, take care of it.
Hi, i would like to know how to get over the problem with Feeder Burner and the lost subscribers.. For ex i set up my blog when Feedburner was still Feedburner.. At that time when i clicked on the button that shows the number of subscribers, it used to take me to my feed burner account and i could see the demographics etc..
However, now after the take over, when i click it, it takes me to Feedburner but asks me to log into my “google” account instead of my “feedburner” account and here it shows number of subscribers “0” where as the counter shows 108 subscribers..
How do i see the old way..??
Looks like all the suggestions I had have already been suggested. I’d add just keep it idiot friendly:)
On further thought, as I am new to WordPress, some WordPress customization topics would be good. Specifically, I failed to customize the archive page like yours here on DBT.
Other topics I’d love are: case studies on different successful niche blog(gers); more on css, php tricks; etc
We would like to know about the following topics:
1. What is Adsense, how to configure that in WP, what are the common mistakes made by people using Adsense and some tips and tricks.
2. What is affiliate marketing, affiliate agents, any niche specific affiliate sites and popular affiliate sites – amazon, cj etc.
3. Keywords: What are meta tags, how to set good keywords for each post, how many keywords per post is recommended, what is keyword research tool.
4. Unusual blogging strategies and content that you have come across.
5. How to design an emailer, what are the popular emailer sending programs available in the net (free and paid)
6. Adwords: What is adwords, how to advertise our site with it, how to bid for the keywords, what is the process etc.
7. How to get banner ads in a website, how popular should a site be (in terms of hits etc.) to apply for one
8. How to change common elements like font style, background colour, font colour etc. in a free wordpress theme.
9. How to back up the content and settings in WP and test new themes/versions without a downtime to the website.
10. What is VPS hosting and why is it better than normal hosting? What are the options available above VPS – like co-hosting etc.
11. How to use GIMP for creating common images/banners or editing photos which are required in blog?
12. Where to find the code for Google Analytics (Once after my theme version changed, I am not able to figure out where is the code, to put it back!!) and are there any more tracking sites/softwares available.
Hey, I just found out I want to know so many things 🙂 Thanks for kindling my thought process!!
Comments are closed.